Returns & Refund Policy
RETURNS & REFUND POLICY
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by FlatRacer.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be unmarked, undamaged, in a saleable condition and in their original packaging with all labels still attached. Please ensure you do not affix labels or tape directly to the product packaging, only the external shipping packaging. FlatRacer is entitled to refuse the return or deduct from a refund any diminution of value as a result of the product not being in the above condition.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are custom made to order or personalised.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return minus the original postage and packaging charges made . You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a refund of the purchase price if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty) within 14 working days. We reserve the right to apply our standard 20% handling fee for unwanted but correctly supplied parts.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information and guidance about how this can be done, especially outside UK.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within four (4) working days.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
13. Please note that you are responsible for the costs of return postage on all parts unless the goods are found to be faulty, not of satisfactory quality, or do not meet the description given. You must include the original packaging and product labels
14. We cannot accept responsibility for returned parcels which are undelivered, please retain your proof of postage etc., you may require it on the event of a claim with your carrier.
15. Many of the parts we sell require expert knowledge and equipment to fit. Whilst every effort is made to supply the correct components the final onus on fitting is with the fitter. If you do not own the correct tools or have the necessary experience, we would strongly recommend that you entrust the job to a qualified technician. We are not responsible for any labour charges incurred during fitment or removal of allegedly faulty (or incorrectly supplied) parts. We will not accept any liability for consequential losses.