BMW /5 Series SWB (short wheel base 1970 - 1973) stainless steel rear brake drum linkage rod
FlatRacer BMW /5 Series SWB (1970 - 1973) s/s rear brake drum linkage rod
FlatRacer BMW /5 Series SWB (short wheel base 1970 - 1973) stainless steel rear brake drum linkage rod complete assembly.
This kit includes:
- 1 x Stainless steel M6 rear drum linkage rod - 405mm long
- 1 x Stainless steel knurl adjuster knob/nut
- 1 x Stainless steel adjuster trunion
- 1 x Stainless steel clevis fork
- 1 x Stainless steel clevis counter lock M6 half nut
- 1 x Stainless steel clevis pin
- 1 x Stainless steel clevis pin small penny washer
- 1 x stainless steel clevis split/cotter pin
Designed and developed by us, precisely machined out of 304 grade stainless steel for minimal maintenance, long working life and corrosion proof.
Direct replacement of the often damaged, bent and rusted original rod assemblies.
Outstanding period look, sturdiness, quality and durability.
1 - Fits ONLY the short wheel base (SWB) models such as the 1970-1973 R50/5, R60/5 and R75/5 (but not the later 1973 LWB models) plus the later R45 & R65 motorcycles (78-84).
2 - We apply Loctite blue thread glue to the clevis fork in addition to fully tighten the M6 half counter lock nut to minimise the chance of it becoming undone. However, please thoroughly check, adjust and tighten the rod assembly as required. Please bend the split/cotter pin to lock in place once all is fitted and adjusted.
Similar kit also available for the later BMW Airhead Boxer models fitted with the longer type rod (470mm). Please see out other listings for more details.