Ace Senior handlebar - 22.0mm
Ace Senior chrome Cafe Racer handlebar
FlatRacer Ace Senior Cafe Racer handlebar
A very popular period fitting, as seen on innumerable Tritons and Cafe Racer Specials.
- Total width: 725mm (28.5")
- Centre section max width: 285mm (11.1/4")
- Usable centre width: 185mm (7. 1/4") - to clamp to top yoke
- Pullback: 105mm (4.1/4")
- Rise: 120mm (4.75")
- Handle bar grip usable length: 230mm (9") - to fit switchgear/throttle & hand grips
- Bar OD diameter is 22.0mm - designed to fit BMW Airhead Boxer and K series switch gear housings and throttle
Classic Cafe Racer chrome handlebar, developed by us suing 22.00mm (circa 22.10mm once chromed) for a perfect fit using the original BMW switch gear housings and throttle, unlike the more common 7/8" (circa 22.3mm once chromed) bars that require enlarging/reaming these items.
Please note that these bars are made using standardised 22.0mm OD steel tubing with a 2mm thick wall. Our suppliers tend to apply an heavier deposit of copper, nickel and chrome plating than the original bars for better corrosion resistance and a nicer finish.
The final OD of these bars once chromed is circa 22.1mm
In the vast majority of bikes, these bars will accept the original BMW switch gear and throttle without issues. However, in few exceptional cases you may need to gently pry open the switch gear housings and slight tweak the throttle for a better and smoother fit. Please contact us for further fitting advice.